Admissions Process

How to begin your child's journey...

At OOEHS Fujairah, we aim to maintain a simple and direct admissions process, whilst ensuring we operate in adherence to the Ministry of Private Education’s regulations and the GEMS admissions policy.

If you’re interested in enrolling your child in Our Own Fujairah, please follow the steps below. If you require any additional information, or have any questions regarding the admissions process, please do not hesitate to contact us.


Registration is prior to admission and the Registration Fee levied is non-refundable.

Entrance Examination

An Entrance Examination is administered after registration.

Admission to the school is generally on the basis of an Entrance Examination. However, this may be waived at the discretion of the school authorities.

Entrance Examinations are held in English and Mathematics for Grade 2 and above.

All entrance papers last for 40 minutes.


Age Requirements

KG 1 / R 1 - The recommended age is 4 years, i.e. the child should complete four years on or before 31st July of the year of admission in the case of CBSE and 31st December for IGCSE.

Students must be 6 years of age for entrance into Grade 1. Exemption is required from the Ministry of Education, U.A.E. for underage pupils.


The following documents are required at the time of admission:

  • The student’s original Emirates Identity Card and a copy of the parent’s Emirates Identity Card
  • Copy of the student’s passport with relevant, valid visa pages included
  • 5 passport size photographs of the child
  • Photocopy of the original mark sheet of the last examination passed at the previous school
  • A copy of the Municipal Birth Certificate or an affidavit duly attested by the Consul General of the respective country
  • 2 copies of the student’s Health Certificate and Vaccination Card
  • A copy of the Family Book for U.A.E. national students
  • Transfer Certificate / School Leaving Certificate from the student’s previous school

Please note: If the student is being transferred from a local school, the Transfer Certificate must be attested by the Ministry of Education, U.A.E.If the student is coming from abroad, their certificate must be attested by:

  • The Ministry of Education or the Education Bureau of the country
  • The Consul General of the respective country in the U.A.E.
  • The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in U.A.E.
  • The Embassy or the Consulate of the U.A.E. where the certificate is issued